Some tips for staying warm in your home during cold weather:
- Wear extra layers. Add that ‘not worn very often’ sweater or hoodie to your wardrobe again.
- Take a hot shower or warm bath. Heat the bath towel before so it’s nice and toasty to use after you get out.
- Make sure all windows and doors are tightly closed. It’s amazing how much heat is lost through poorly sealed frames.
- Close doors to rooms not used often or while in a room with a space heater, keep the door closed to hold in all the heat. Be sure to turn off the space heater once you leave the room.
- Open blinds and curtains where the sun shines in most and close them once the sun is gone.
- Keep moving. Try not to sit in one spot for too long, move about the house even if it’s walking around while talking on the phone or doing some exercises while watching TV.
- Drink a hot beverage. Warming up from the inside helps to raise the body temperature.